"Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?" ~ M. C. Escher ~

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Opposites – Illustration Friday


WOW! I sure am late this week putting up my entry! But, better late than NEVER!

First, here is a story for your reading pleasure:

A cat died and went to Heaven. God met her at the gates and said, “You have been a good cat all these years. Anything you want is yours for the asking.” The cat thought for a minute and then said, “All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard wooden floors. I would like a real fluffy pillow to sleep on.” God said, “Say no more.” Instantly the cat had a huge fluffy pillow.

A few days later, six mice were killed in an accident and they all went to Heaven together. God met the mice at the gates with the same offer that He made to the cat. The mice said, “Well, we have had to run all of our lives: from cats, dogs, and even people with brooms! If we could just have some little roller skates, we would not have to run again.” God answered, “It is done.” All the mice had beautiful little roller skates.

About a week later, God decided to check on the cat. He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow. God gently awakened the cat and asked, “Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are you happy?”

The cat replied, “Oh, it is WONDERFUL. I have never been so happy in my life. The pillow is so fluffy, and those little Meals on Wheels you have been sending over are delicious!”

After I read this story on a message board I frequent... for the fun of it I doodled a mouse on roller skates.

Well, this morning I realized this mouse would fit perfectly for my entry! Therefore, that cute story was my inspiration for this week's Illustration Friday topic, "Opposites."

Here is a close-up image of the mouse before I added in the kitty:

Have a GREAT week!!

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Nicely illustrated! I love the tiny rollerskates and the cross-eyed cat is great. Fun polka dotted background as well. You're right, better late than never!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Gabrielle said...

LOL! Cute story! You draw cats well. I have a hard time getting their heads just the right shape.

This was definitely worth waiting for :)

Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:47:00 PM

 
Blogger ° said...

well its was well worth the wait. like ur lil story to go with ur lovable drawing. i like both their expressions

Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:52:00 PM

 
Blogger I SHOULD be Boss of the World said...

The cat seems to be a litle perplexed by the mouse with roller skates. ...as I would be, too.

Good job! @->->-

Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Kay Aker said...

This is a jewel!Love the way the mouse is perched!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Ellen said...

What an excellent piece for your portfolio! Bravo!!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:06:00 PM

 
Blogger carla said...

This is extra cute! I love the faces on both of them:>

Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Twisselman said...

Ha! Great story. Looks like the mouse in your illustration is one meal that got away. Beautiful job.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Franfou said...

he this is beautyfull and characters are very hot !!!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:50:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the feel of this one, Your color choice and character design very nice.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Christine Lim said...

Lovely illos to go with a lovely story. :)

Friday, July 28, 2006 2:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Debra Cooper said...

Great expressions and colors. I like the pattern in the background - funny story.

Friday, July 28, 2006 6:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Paige Keiser said...

Awwwww this is ADORABLE!!

Friday, August 04, 2006 2:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert McLaughlin said...

I like your story--I think I might have heard it before. Now I get to see it illustrated!

Sunday, August 06, 2006 7:11:00 PM

 
Blogger valerie walsh said...

this is an adorable idea!!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:26:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your illos - very refreshing and cute!

Hope you haven't stopped - haven't seen new updates. Come back soon, ok! :)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Collin said...

Are you doing okay?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:01:00 PM

 
Blogger David said...

I really like this one, great cat (and expression)! Keep up the good work! :)

Sunday, December 31, 2006 6:30:00 AM

 
Blogger Tanya Nichols said...

awesome! miss your photoshop challenges!

Saturday, August 04, 2007 2:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Corrine said...

loove it!! great colors

Sunday, July 01, 2012 11:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home